Thank you Freshpet for sponsoring this post. Check out Freshpet refrigerated pet food, made with fresh, all natural ingredients and no artificial preservatives, truly making a difference you can see and your pet will feel!
This Adult Mini Meatball Noodle Soup is just like what you had as a kid, only with a grown-up twist and WAY more flavor!!
Are you ready for the most nostalgic dinner of your life? This Adult Mini Meatball Noodle Soup is a grown-up version of what your mom made you as a kid, and you’re going to love it. I don’t know what it was, but something in me had a wild hankering for tomatoey soup with tiny meatballs and tiny noodles. I tried not to stray too far from the classic flavor that you know and love, but I had to add a few spices, a couple handfuls of spinach, and a splash of red wine to take it up a notch. It’s so so so easy and will definitely become a family favorite!
I mentioned in my last post that my pup is an extremely picky eater. However, in the month that he has been on a Freshpet diet, he has come to LOVE meal time. He’s always been a very lean and active dog and since he’s been eating the Freshpet dog food, he has put on muscle mass and overall looks a lot healthier. I love that Freshpet is real, all-natural pet food, fresh from the fridge. Their products have no additives or preservatives, and they never use pre-processed meat powders, “chicken meals,” or by-products – just real US meat as the #1 ingredient, and real veggies you can see. It literally looks like something that I would eat and I love feeling like I’m not shoveling him full of nasty ingredients. I always try my best to eat fresh whole foods, and I want the same for him. Since he can’t choose his own food, I want to provide him with only the best. There is no doubt in my mind that we will continue using Freshpet for him, and we even plan on introducing their cat food to our Roxie.
I’m so happy that Freshpet teamed up with HelloFresh for this collaboration. It puts the fun back in cooking, and brings the power of fresh food to you and your pet. The #FreshWithYourPet Meal Plan is a way to change your idea of how easy it is to cook delicious and easy meals at home, but also bring the same benefits of a fresh and well-balanced diet to your pet. A healthy and fresh lifestyle is something that’s always been important to me, and believe it or not, I also have moments of not wanting to plan out every meal and do all of the grocery shopping. I can’t tell you how much having HelloFresh deliveries has helped me during the week. The one thing that was unexpected for me was the quality of the produce. Everything has been perfectly ripe, crisp, ultra-fresh and beautiful. I’ve never even had something with so much as a bruise on it, and that’s very impressive to me. As someone who creates recipes, I found it so much fun to follow along with their instructions, and I even learned a thing or two! My husband also cooked one with no help from me, and it turned out wonderful. I think it goes without saying that their meals are great for foodies and newbies, alike. So many people say that they hate cooking, but I guarantee that they wouldn’t say that with a HelloFresh box. Even as someone who LOVES to cook, I found myself so relieved over the last month when one of those HelloFresh boxes would arrive. I’m sure you’ll agree that thinking of what to fix for dinner is the biggest part of the battle, and HelloFresh does that for you. Even my husband, who doesn’t cook, found the instructions to be easy to follow for a kitchen newbie. I highly recommend trying out both HelloFresh and Freshpet for your family. Please come back to this post and let me know if you did!
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (24-oz.) can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup red wine
- 4 tsp kosher salt, plus more
- 3 tsp sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp of Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb ditalini pasta
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for serving
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the remaining butter, olive oil, tomato purée, 2 teaspoons salt, sugar, pepper, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds, and wine, and simmer until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the meatballs. Mix the remaining 2 teaspoons of salt with the ground beef. Use a ½ tsp to roll the meat into tiny balls. Place meatballs into sauce and reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the meatballs are cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 13 minutes. Drain, then add to the saucepan along with the cheese. Divide between bowls and serve with more cheese on the side.
Recipe adapted from Saveur.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.