Salad isn’t just for summer! This Autumn Salad with Honey Butter Breadcrumbs is the perfect meal for those warmer fall days!
Happy October, friends! Even though fall starts at the end of September, it doesn’t seem like it really begins until October. Now that it’s here, I’m using all the seasonal produce to make dishes like this Autumn Salad with Honey Butter Breadcrumbs.
If you thought that salads were a summer-only dish, you’d be so wrong. Some of my favorite salad ingredients come from the fall. Apples, figs, pears, winter squash, citrus — all of these things are delicious in a hearty fall salad. Plus, I love having a salad with soup, and soup is a total cool-weather must. This salad would also be an incredible addition to your Thanksgiving spread! I can’t even believe that we’re saying the T-word, but it’s right around the corner!
What’s your go-to fall salad? I love experimenting with new toppings, dressings, and flavor combos!
- 4 to 6 cups chopped baby kale or other hearty greens
- 2 bosc pears, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces honey goat cheese
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped - 2 tbsp drippings reserved
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- ¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil + reserved bacon drippings
- Drizzle vinaigrette over prepared salad and toss until coated. Top with honey butter breadcrumbs and serve immediately