Everyone loves a good chicken wing. These Baked Greek Chicken Wings with Tzatziki are a healthier alternative to the fried wings you’re used to!
Hello, everybody! As you can see, today I’m bringing you a recipe for these herby Baked Greek Chicken Wings with Tzatziki.
I’m typically a HOT HOT HOT wings kind of girl. I once at the hottest wings they offer at Buffalo Wild Wings and chugged quite a bit of beer trying to cool myself off in the process. That being said, I think that there’s a time and a place for wings with no spice. It’s not very often, but sometimes. They key to these Greek-inspired wings is a rub that consists of a boatload of dried herbs, lemon zest, garlic, and the secret ingredient… cinnamon. It’s barely there but it adds a little something that you can’t put your finger on. I just love those little nuances.
What’s your favorite wing recipe? Let me know because I’m always dying to try new ones, especially if they’re hot. Hehe.
- 2 lbs. of chicken wings and drumettes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1tbsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Pat chicken dry and add to a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on the rest of the ingredients. Gently toss to coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with a wire rack, parchment or foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken after 20 minutes.
- Turn the Broiler on to HIGH.
- Place chicken under the broiler for 5-8 minutes, until browned. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn
- Serve warm with cold tzatziki.
- 1 English cucumber, grated
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, grated with a Microplane or finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine grated cucumber, garlic, and mint with the Greek yogurt. Whisk to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper accordingly.
Subscribe to get recipes
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new and exciting recipes sent to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.