This Beer Cheese and BBQ Macaroni is perfect for winter tailgating or couch-gating! Serve with your favorite IPA and you’ll be game-day ready!
This post is sponsored by Curly’s RoadTrip Eats. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, allows me to create unique content and recipes for you from readily accessible ingredients. All opinions are always my own.
Maybe I’m a big ole baby, but it’s officially too cold for any type of outdoor tailgating or sports viewing of any kind for me. No, thank you. I’m perfectly fine turning on the projector and sitting by the fire with a big bowl of Beer Cheese and BBQ Macaroni.
If you’re a fan of beer cheese, you’re going to LOVE this mac + cheese. It’s creamy, cheesy and has a surprise layer of Curly’s RoadTrip Eats West Coast Style IPA Pulled Pork nestled in the middle of the noodles. It’s really the ULTIMATE couch-gating meal.
Speaking of couch-gating, Curly’s RoadTrip Eats is hosting a major Couch-Gating Giveaway! You can visit Giveaway.RoadTripEats.com to register for a chance to win an indoor tailgate prize pack, which includes: a 4K HDTV, leather recliners, gaming console, home theater system, a mini fridge, and a $500 gift card. There will be one grand prize winner and the contest ends January 6th. Good luck!
In other news, I was voted the favorite Curly’s Blogger thanks to you guys! I was gifted with a beautiful high-end knife kit and other Curly’s swag and I couldn’t be more proud. Thanks so much to everyone that voted for me!
Now, on to the recipe, I know you’re dying to have it!
Check out RoadTripEats.Com for more delicious recipes!
- 2½ cups uncooked short cut pasta (I used corkscrews)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces milk
- 8 ounces IPA
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 8 ounces freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 package Curly's RoadTrip Eats West Coast Style IPA Pulled Pork
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Boil according to directions, draining 1-2 minutes before cooking time is finished since pasta will continue to cook in the oven.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat and add butter. Once melted, whisk in flour to create a roux and cook until bubbly and golden in color, about 2 minutes. Add milk and beer into saucepan whisking constantly, then add cheeses and stir until melted. Turn heat down to medium and continue to stir, cooking for 5-6 minutes while mixture thickens. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Add cooked noodles to a large bowl and toss with cheese sauce to evenly coat. Pour in half of the macaroni into a greased casserole dish. Spread the Curly's RoadTrip Eats West Coast Style IPA Pulled Pork on top of the macaroni. There's no need to heat it up as it will warm in the oven. Spread the rest of the macaroni and cheese on top of the BBQ and top with additional cheese if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe inspired by How Sweet It Is.
Subscribe to get recipes
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new and exciting recipes sent to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.