When you can’t decide between a cocktail and dessert, these Boozy Bananas Foster Milkshakes are the tasty solution that’ll ease both cravings!
My Boozy Bananas Foster Milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard… I mean, if a regular milkshake will do that, then a spiked one will have your lawn swarming. Seriously, these milkshakes are SOOO good. They’re sweet but not overly so, they’ve got an interesting depth of flavor from the caramelized bananas, and there’s just enough booze from the Blue Chair Bay Banana Rum.
If you’ve never tried Blue Chair Bay Rum, you need to go get some right now. They have 8 different varieties, including the most delicious rum creams you’ll ever try. For this recipe, I used the Blue Chair Bay Banana Rum which might just be my favorite, I haven’t decided yet. About a month ago I used their white rum in my Easy Fauxjito and it’s been my go-to ever since. If you’re not familiar, Blue Chair Bay is the love child of Kenny Chesney, so you know it’s the epitome of the easy breezy lifestyle. You can actually taste the love and hard work that goes into every bottle. Plus, it looks pretty cute on your bar cart.
These are the perfect dessert/cocktail hybrid and excellent for the
warm HOT weather. Top with a generous squirt of whipped cream and let your treat yo-self-moment commence. It’s a good thing that I have a kickboxing class in the morning, because I may have treated myself a little too much. Join me, won’t you?
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- ⅔ cup Blue Chair Bay Banana Rum
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1⅓ cup whole milk
- Whipped cream for topping
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add brown sugar and heat until sugar dissolves, stirring as needed (about 2 min).
- Gently stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Place bananas in skillet and heat for about two minutes.
- Gently turn bananas over and continue heating for two more minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Pour all of the cooled sauce and bananas into your blender, along with the Blue Chair Bay Coconut Rum, vanilla ice cream, and whole milk.
- Blend on low to mix the ingredients, then slowly bring the speed up to high, then blend for about 30 seconds.
- Pour into 8 oz glasses and topped with whipped cream.