If you love your fur babies as much as I do, you’ll love making them these super special Chicken and Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits.
Your sweet pup deserves homemade treats! Mine is officially addicted to these Chicken and Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits and I’m sure yours will be too.
I. AM. DOG. OBSESSED. Nothing makes me happier than walking past a dog at the park or seeing one with their head hanging out of the window of a moving car. Matt and I have a three year old Weimaraner named Lucca and he is my everything. You’ll want to scroll through these pictures just to catch a sneaky glimpse of him. I made these Pumpkin Carrot Pupcakes for his birthday a couple of years ago, so I thought it was high time that I shared another recipe for our furry friends.
They only have 4 ingredients which are approximately 4568 fewer than store bought dog treats. I knew I wanted these to have meat in them, so I chose to go with canned chicken breast in water. I was hoping it would puree well with the other ingredients and it didn’t disappoint. I hope you make these for your baby! If you do, PLEASE PLEASE tag me on Facebook or Instagram so I can see their sweet faces. I’m @mymoderncookery everywhere!
- 1 10 oz can of shredded chicken breast in water, do not drain
- ½ cup boiled sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the canned chicken, egg, and cooked sweet potato. Puree until smooth.
- Add whole wheat flour to a large bowl and pour chicken and sweet potato puree on top. Mix well.
- Dust your countertop with flour and turn out the dough on top. knead the dough a few times until it all comes together.
- Roll out to ¼ an inch and cut out with cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place the cookies on the cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy. You may need to make several batches. You can freeze any leftover dough that you have for up to 6 months.
Subscribe to get recipes
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new and exciting recipes sent to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.