Are your mornings always a mad rush to get everyone ready? Get out the door quick with these tropical Coconut Mango Scones!
I love having sweet breakfast treats around like muffins and scones for a quick on the go bite, and I can tell you that these Coconut Mango Scones are going to be my jam all spring/summer long.
Is there anything more summery than the scent of coconut? I’m talking sweet and intense Hawaiian Tropic style coconut. I love it all year long but when this time of year rolls around it gets me so excited for dat vitamin D. Let me tell you, while these scones were baking, my kitchen hardcore smelled like a tropical vacation. Between the lime, the mango, and the coconut I was totally craving a piña colada by the end. If that’s not enough to get you to make these than I don’t know what will!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- Zest of 2 limes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 1.5 ounces bag freeze dried mango, crushed into tiny bits with a rolling pin
- 6 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1½ tsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 2-3 drops pure coconut extract
- 3 Tbsp reserved toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, lime zest, salt, ½ cup of toasted coconut, and mango. Quickly cut in the butter, using your hands, two knives, or a pastry blender. Mix until mixture resembles coarse meal, with a few larger butter lumps.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut milk, lime juice, coconut extract, and vanilla extract. Pour mixture over the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until dough begins to form. Don’t over mix.
- Transfer dough to a floured countertop and knead the dough by hand just until it forms a ball. Form scones by patting the dough into a ¾-inch thick circle. Cut the scones into 8 triangles.
- Place scones on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake scones for 15-18 minutes, or until scones are light brown. Cool scones on a wire cooling rack.
- While the scones are cooling, make the glaze. Whisk together powdered sugar, lime zest, lime juice, coconut milk, and coconut extract in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over scones and sprinkle with reserved toasted coconut.
Subscribe to get recipes
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new and exciting recipes sent to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.