Need dinner on the table in a flash? This foolproof Coconut Rice with Easy for You Mango Chicken will satisfy everyone in a flash!
This post has been compensated by Kroger. All opinions are mine alone.
I’ve shared my genuine love for Kroger many times here on My Modern Cookery, and today I’m introducing you to a fun new meal selection they’re offering with this Coconut Rice with Easy for You Mango Chicken!
People think that because I’m a food blogger that I make all of my meals from scratch. While I would love to tell you that I am in fact a superhero that has a fully stocked fridge and pantry at all times, my husband would quickly explain that that’s not always the case. In fact, I love a quick and easy meal just as much as the next person. I recently discovered a brand new bunker at my local Louisville Kroger that had a selection of “Easy for You” frozen meals. They had options like Salmon Ravioli, Shrimp Scampi, Mushroom Truffle Risotto, Prime Rib with Mushrooms and Gravy and Chicken Tikka Masala. All you have to do is grab a bucket and fill it with however much of the dinner as you like! Then you weigh it at checkout and head home with your delicious and easy meal.
I opted for the Mango Chicken since I’ve been craving sweet and salty foods as of late. I eyeballed just the right amount for two people and then decided to make a simple side dish of coconut rice to go alongside. Since Kroger is a one-stop-shop for all of your easy and quick meals, I grabbed the few ingredients I needed and headed home to eat ASAP. The combination was outstanding! All you have to do is heat the contents of your Easy for You meal in a skillet and all of the sauce comes together perfectly with the rest of the dish. I was super impressed with the quality of the chicken and the perfectly diced mango didn’t overpower the dish at all. The coconut rice paired with the meal just right and made for a complete hearty dish. I HIGHLY recommend you try out the Easy for You meals the next time you’re at Kroger and rest assured that even food bloggers take the easy way out sometimes.
Easy for You meals are now available at select Kroger stores!
Wash it all down with my Fruity Hibiscus Mint Iced Tea!
- 1 cup long-grain rice, such as jasmine (I used brown)
- ¾ cup coconut milk (from a can)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¾ cup water
- Rinse the rice a several times in a colander, until the water runs clear.
- Place in a medium, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat with coconut milk, water, sugar, and salt. When the liquid comes up to a boil, stir well, ensuring that no rice is stuck to the bottom of the pot. Cover the pot and turn the heat down to low.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then turn off the heat and let the rice rest for 10 minutes. Mix gently with a flexible rubber spatula. Taste, season with additional salt, if necessary, and serve.