You’ll never buy baked beans in a can ever again once you try these Cold Brew Coffee Baked Beans! Perfect for all of your summer BBQs!
Sorry not sorry for ruining canned baked beans for you forever, but these Cold Brew Coffee Baked Beans are too full of flavor to pass up.
I can’t recall a time when we’ve ever not had baked beans at a summer BBQ. My favorite thing as a kid was scooping them onto my original Lay’s chips. The salty — the sweet. Ugh. So good. Am I alone there? Now, I find canned baked beans to be a little… lackluster. There are tons of different flavors these days, but none quite live up to homemade. The slow cooked rich flavor and thick cut bacon. YUM.
For these, I decided to add concentrated cold brew coffee replace some water and OMG the results were amazing. Paired with molasses, brown sugar, and tomato sauce, the combination is outrages. Try it, you won’t be sorry. I’ll be making these for Easter and basically anytime we grill out all summer long.
- 4 15 oz cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ pound pepper bacon, cut into small strips
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- ⅓ cup molasses
- ⅓ cup cold brew coffee
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1-2 cups of water
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until it begins to brown, then turn off the heat and add the chopped onion and beans. Add in molasses, ½ cup water, cold brew, mustard, salt, tomato sauce and brown sugar to the pot. Mix well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish and bake in the oven for 2 hours, stirring halfway through. If the beans look dry, add enough water to moistened and return to the oven until the top is browned and caramelized. Serve warm.
Subscribe to get recipes
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new and exciting recipes sent to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.