If you haven’t gotten on that cauliflower train… the time to board is NOW. This Creamy Cajun Cauliflower Alfredo changed my world.I can’t believe it took me so long to try the famed cauliflower phenomenon. I think it was because I just knew that it wouldn’t live up to the hype. I was so wrong. It’s so worth every single pin it gets on Pinterest. I was inspired by the classic creamy cauliflower sauce from Pinch of Yum (my fave), and I decided to put a cajun spin on it.
I used chicken andouille sausage, shrimp, sun-dried tomatoes, pepper and onions, and of course authentic cajun seasoning. PERFECTION.
This literally may be my favorite meal ever. You have to try it, even if you’re skeptical.
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning (get the good stuff-no MSG)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, sliced thin
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 oz chicken andouille sausage, sliced
- 3 cups dry rotini pasta
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Do not drain.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower pieces to the blender, adding 1 cup of the cooking liquid, salt, pepper, cajun seasoning, parsley and milk. Blend or puree for several minutes until the sauce is very smooth, adding more milk depending on how thick you want the sauce.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and boil until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and pepper to the oil and sauté for about five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sun-dried tomatoes, shrimp and sausage to the pan and cook until shrimp is pink and sausage is warmed through.
- When the pasta is done, drain and return back to the warm pot. Add in cauliflower sauce, and the meat/vegetable mixture. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese before serving and top with more parmesan as desired. Serve hot.