Get ready to go for the gold with these festive Edible Gold Medals! They’ll be the talk of your Olympic Winter Games viewing party!
This post has been sponsored by NABISCO. NABISCO is a Proud Sponsor of Team USA. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Who out there is ready to watch TEAM USA go for gold at the Olympic Winter Games 2018?! I’m celebrating the kickoff with a fun party, complete with Edible Medals for my guests! I chose to prepare them in gold, silver, and bronze, but let’s be real, everyone is going to go for the gold.
I always get so excited when the Olympic Winter Games come around. I’ve been known to stay up WAY too late watching all of the competitions, which always makes for a pretty lackluster mood the next day. This year, you should definitely do as I am and host a party for all of your friends. You could require your guests to wear team U.S.A clothing, set up competitions for everyone to compete in, and of course, you’ll have all of the yummy snacks covered.
Aside from these adorable OREO Cookie medals, there are a ton of ways that you can incorporate your favorite NABISCO products into your party. No matter what kind of get together we’re having, there’s always a cheeseball — and beside every good cheeseball is a sleeve or five of RITZ Crackers. It’s a no-brainer appetizer that you know everyone will love! You could also use CHIPS AHOY! Cookies to make incredibly easy ice cream sandwiches! To make them extra festive, add a little red food coloring to a third of your vanilla ice cream and blue food coloring to the other third (leave the remainder white). Then, spoon some of each between the CHIPS AHOY! Cookies and you’ll have red, white, and blue ice cream sandwiches that should win a gold medal of their own!
I picked up all of my supplies at Target, which shouldn’t come as a shock to you. Whether you need a new T.V. for viewing the Olympic Winter Games, platters for your CHIPS AHOY! Cookies or the paint and ribbon to make these OREO Cookie medals, Target has you covered. Just don’t come crying to me when you bring home way more items than you needed. When you head through the cookie and cracker aisles at Target, you’ll probably notice the amazing limited edition packaging that NABISCO released just for the Olympic Winter Games! This is your first indication that they’re perfect for your party because the packaging basically doubles as decoration! You seriously can’t go wrong with adding OREO Cookies, CHIPS AHOY! Cookies, and RITZ crackers to your Olympic Winter Games snack team.
If you don’t know where your closest Target is, find out here!
- OREO Cookies, Original Flavor, 15.35oz size
- 10 oz white chocolate melting wafers
- Red, white, and blue ribbon
- Metallic gold, silver, bronze edible paint
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper, set aside.
- Measure out equal lengths of the ribbon for the medals. You will need two per OREO Cookie, so cut out as many as you would like to make. Alternatively, you could opt out of using the ribbon and just make the white chocolate covered OREO Cookies and paint with the metallic paint.
- Place two pieces of ribbon on the parchment lined cookie sheet, pointing the ends towards each other. You’ll be placing the OREO Cookie on top so your goal is to make it look the like the lanyard of the medal.
- Repeat for as many of the medals as you would like to make.
- Melt the white chocolate over a double boiler until smooth. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a fork, dunk the OREO Cookie into the melted white chocolate, carefully tossing to cover both sides. Transfer to the cookie sheet and place on top of the ribbon where it comes to a V.
- Repeat for the rest of the OREO Cookies.
- Once you’re finished coating all of the cookies and placing them on the baking sheet. Transfer to the fridge to solidify completely. This should only take about 10 minutes.
- While they are chilling, you can get your paints ready.
- Depending on what type of edible paint you’re using, you can either spray, sponge, brush, or paint on your color to the covered OREO Cookie. I used an airbrush paint, but there are lots of different kinds you can get.
- You may need to do several coats and let them dry in between to get the desired look. If you’re having trouble finding a bronze color, I actually used gold with a drop of silver and a drop of red to achieve the look.
- Once they are dry, you can store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.