I am always on the hunt for simple side dishes with few ingredients, like this Honey Chipotle Glazed Carrots, that I make alongside of any of my main dishes. Mostly because I always have all of the ingredients on hand. You can find canned chipotle peppers in adobo in any grocery in the Mexican aisle and they are so versatile in many dishes. For this recipe you only need a couple of teaspoons, so for the rest I just pour in a ziplock bag and freeze until I need to use them again. Here’s to easy weeknight veggies!
- 8 oz of baby carrots, washed and peeled.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tsp of canned chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil and simmer carrots for 5-6 minutes until tender.
- Drain, and add to a pan with melted butter, honey, and chipotle. Add 1 tsp if you like it mild, 2 if you're a little more daring, and 3 if you're me.
- Cook until glaze coats the carrots, 5 minutes.
- Add parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Subscribe to get recipes
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new and exciting recipes sent to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.