I just turned 27.
Don’t get me wrong, I am super excited about it. I have never been one of those people that dreads birthdays or shutters at the thought of turning 30. But, something about turning 27 makes me feel like I am truly an adult, and adults must drink adult cocktails. Gone are the days that I can go out and stutter over what to order. You MUST have a go-to drink, one that everyone can order for you without even asking what you want. Mine is a gin & tonic. I don’t know what I did before gin, I like to tell myself that gin lovers have more refined palates, but, I’m pretty sure I’m just trying to make myself sound cool….side effect of turing 27 I suppose. This is a cocktail that I concocted for a relaxing night in, and boy I’m glad i did. This drink has all of my favorites, grapefruit, rosemary, and gin. I think I would rather curl up with this and a good book than go out to a club. Yet, another side effect of turning 27.
- 5 fluid ounces grapefruit juice
- 1.5 oz gin
- Coarse salt (to rim your glass)
- .5 oz rosemary simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1 rosemary sprig (garnish)
- Shake gin, grapefruit juice and rosemary simple syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Strain into a glass filled with ice and rimed with salt. Garnish with a rosemary sprig.
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 rosemary sprig
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan then bring to a boil. Cook, while stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove pan from the heat, add rosemary, and then let steep for 1 hour. Discard the rosemary sprig.