Pizza night just won’t be the same without this Simple Italian Salad! Skip the delivery and opt for a fun date night in to watch the playoffs!
This post has been sponsored by The Coca-Cola Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Who’s ready for some football?! Today, I’m getting game day ready with my Simple Italian Chopped Salad to go alongside an epic Member’s Mark Take & Bake Pizza and Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar!
There’s something about salad paired with cheesy pepperoni pizza and Coca-Cola® that is just so nostalgic for me. For some, football may be synonymous with nachos or hot dogs, but for me, it’s definitely pizza and Coca-Cola®. Now that I’m an adult, my go-to scenario is watching the game in the comfort of my own home with a ton of friends, a Member’s Mark Take & Bake Pepperoni Pizza from Sam’s Club, and Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar. In fact, you could host a gathering for each playoff game and have a different Coca-Cola® beverage and Member’s Mark Pizza flavor for each one. I’m thinking next time I’ll go with the Deluxe Pizza to switch things up a bit.
Imagine it’s game day and you suddenly realize that you have nothing at home to host your usual party *shudder*. Thankfully, you could easily walk into Sam’s Club, game time’s favorite teammate, and they would have everything you need and more. Honestly, it’s almost as if Sam’s Club is the real MVP of game time. If you’re already a member, you know how valuable it is, but if you’ve been holding off, now’s the time to get going. Check out this store locator to find your nearest Sam’s Club store. Seriously, your life will forever be changed.
Need some inspo on what game day essentials you should pick up at Sam’s Club? Click here!
If you have yet to try the new and improved Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, then you are seriously missing out. I think if I did a blind taste test with it and Coca-Cola® Classic, I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. If you love the taste of Coca-Cola® Classic but are trying to get that same Coke taste with zero sugar , Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar will definitely make your taste buds happy. You can pick up the Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar (12 oz cans, 35 pack) and other Coca-Cola® drinks in the beverage aisle at Sam’s Club!
While your Member’s Mark pizza is heating up in the oven, you can easily prepare the salad to have ready when it’s done! I love having something fresh, acidic, and crunchy to go along with my hot cheesy pizza, and I think you will love it too!
- 2½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Half of a small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium head radicchio, cleaned and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint small sweet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- ⅓ cup grated Italian cheese mix
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- ½ cup Italian Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Combine the vinegar, oregano, lemon juice, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the olive oil in a slow thin stream, whisking constantly to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, radicchio, tomatoes, cucumber, cheese, olives, and onion.
- Toss to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Drizzle ½ cup of the vinaigrette and toss gently to coat the salad with the dressing. Serve immediately.