This time of the year is peak season for families on the go. It can sometimes seem like a chore to get everyone together for a home cooked meal, but when you throw a slow cooker into the mix, getting dinner on the table quickly is not an impossible feat. You should make this Italian Pork Stew, you won’t be sorry. Smithfield® not only makes it easy to feed your family, they make it absolutely delicious as well. For this post, I went shopping at Wal-Mart and picked up the Smithfield® Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin. I love having a flavorful base that will go well with a number of different flavors, and their Garlic & Herb Sirloin is perfect for that. I’m obsessed with slow cooker meals for busy families, and this one is sure to be loved by all. Not to mention, it is super nutritious! If you have kids coming and going at all hours, definitely get this one on before work and everyone will have a hot meal no matter what time they get in! Make sure you visit DeliciousinMinutes.com for easy recipes, great for any night of the week. Share your favorite recipes with friends to earn additional entries into the $5,000 kitchen makeover sweepstakes. I know I will be! Enjoy!
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Smithfield® Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin
- 1 cup dried lentils
- ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 1 32 oz container of chicken broth
- Place the butternut squash, kale, onion and garlic in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Place roast on vegetables. Add the lentils and seasonings. Pour broth over top. ( you can add additional water a ½ cup at a time if it looks necessary. You can do this later after its absorbed some of the chicken broth as well.)
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; cool slightly.
- Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker to heat through.
Subscribe to get recipes
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new and exciting recipes sent to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.