If you’ve never delved into the world of pierogies, nows the time! These Apple Pierogy Bites with Crème Fraîche are the perfect fall appetizer!
This post has been sponsored by Mrs. T’s Pierogies. All thoughts and opinions are my own
To me, fall is all about gathering with your favorite people to make memories over food. These Apple Pierogy Bites with Crème Fraîche are a simple appetizer that embodies the flavor of autumn with plenty of comfort to spare.
If you’re unfamiliar with pierogies, you’re in for the tastiest surprise of your life. Imagine a ravioli-like pasta pouch that’s stuffed with creamy whipped potatoes and Cheddar cheese… that’s a pierogy. If that sounds to you like it would be the best thing ever, you’d be right. Mrs. T’s Pierogies is my go-to brand for whenever I have a craving that just won’t quit (try them, and you’ll get the cravings, too). I love their pierogies because you can use them in everything from fun appetizers like this one to hearty dinners that the whole family will love. They use real, quality, and simple ingredients and have more than 15 varieties – including mini pierogies like the four cheese medley I used in this recipe!
My inspiration for this dish was two-fold. First of all, I LOVE apple and cheddar together. If you’ve never tried an apple pie with cheddar in your crust, trust me, it’s life-changing. Secondly, I wanted to do a play on potato latkes that are served with Crème Fraîche and apple. The result is an appetizer that’s so unique and flavorful, they’ll be the hit of any party.
Today, Mrs. T’s are celebrating their 10th annual National Pierogy Day, and I will certainly be celebrating along with them. No matter what day of the year it is, whether you’re hosting a fancy dinner party or cheering on your favorite football team at home, Mrs. T’s Pierogies will make your get-together shine.
Check out my Caramel Apple Popcorn!
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 box Mrs.T’s Pierogies Mini Four Cheese Medley
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, sliced into wedges
- 4 oz Crème Fraîche
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pierogies on both sides until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- While the pierogies are cooking, whisk together the Crème Fraîche, honey, cinnamon, and salt.
- Remove pierogies from pan and allow to cool. Place one pierogy on top of an apple slice and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining pierogies and apple. Drizzle the tops of the appetizers with the Crème Fraîche mixture and serve immediately.