This Asian Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner is one tasty meal. However, as someone who LOVES to cook (obv), you would think I would be used to the dishes that come along with it. No. I absolutely HATE doing dishes and I’m pretty sure I always will. This past weekend was Easter and I did a ton of baking. Which, as I’m sure you know, creates the most dirty dishes of all cooking methods. I literally had no counter space left by the end of the baking session and it took me over an hour to clean up. And thats with a dishwasher helping me out! It’s madness. My back was killing me, my fingers were shriveled #firstworldproblems.
The great thing about this recipe is that it requires:
a cutting board
and a sheet pan
That’s nothing! Actually, if you are a good little chef and cover your sheet pan with foil, you may be able to just chuck that back in the cabinet when you’re done. This is one of my go-to recipes because I always have the ingredients for the glaze on-hand. That’s the great thing about Asian cooking, once you buy all the necessary items (sesame oil, fish sauce, hoisin, soy sauce, etc…) you’re fully stocked for a while and there’s a ton of recipes you can make.
Let me know if you guys try this one out! It’s super easy and quick and best of all… little clean-up.
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 4 heads baby bok toy
- 2 large portabello mushroom caps, sliced
- ½ cup frozen shelled edamame, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- toasted sesame seeds for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, Sriracha and pepper.
- Place salmon fillet, skin side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the glaze over fillet, bok choy and mushrooms.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and add edamame to sheet pan.
- Serve immediately and garnish with fresh cilantro and sesame seeds.