If I could live off of one food for the rest of my life…hands down it would be avocados. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks…heck, even dessert (hello chocolate avocado mousse), I could have them for every meal.
They are chock full of vitamins, minerals, and omega 3 fatty acids, not to mention they are absolutely delicious!
I’ve combined them with chickpeas, which are a MUST for hummus, I’ve also added lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and the best part is the pomegranate seeds sprinkled on top. YUMMMM!!!
Please don’t skip the pomegranate if you make this, the juicy sweetness that it gives each bite is phenomenal. Seriously. Hope you decide to try it!
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, well-drained and rinse
- 2 ripe avocados, cored and peeled
- 1/4 + 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for serving
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1 - 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Pulse chickpeas, olive oil, lime juice, and garlic in a food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (I did about a tsp of salt and a rough 1/4 tsp pepper),
- Add cumin and avocados and pulse mixture until smooth and creamy, about 1 - 2 minutes longer. Mince the zest of one lime with 1/4 cup of cilantro to top hummus.
Serve topped with a small drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with cilantro/zest and pomegranate seeds. I like to serve with red pepper strips or tortilla chips!