This perfect breakfast or brunch recipe will amaze anyone who eats it. Whip up this Avocado French Toast and you’ll never go back to just avocado on bread.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 slices challah bread or Hawaiian bread, sliced about 1 1/2 inch thick
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 eggs, poached or fried
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with salt and pepper.
- Slice a horizontal slit in the bread along the longest side, all the way through to the back. Trying not to cut through around the bread. Stuff with 1/4th of the mashed avocado per toast.
- In a shallow, rectangular container, whisk together the eggs, milk, and hot sauce.
- Melt butter on a griddle over medium-low heat. Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture for a few seconds on each side. Cook the toast until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Top with a poached or fried egg, or other avo-toast toppings you wish!