When you can’t decide between a burger and pizza, this is the best of both worlds!
We all have a favorite dish that we crave on the regular. One that you can taste with a simple thought, and you can’t stop thinking about it until you actually taste it. This Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza with Dill Pickle Aioli is that dish for me.
I know you’re probably thinking that it’s too basic to be my favorite. That I would crave something more along the lines of Coq Au Vin or a fancy truffle pasta, but no. You know you’ve stumbled upon a great recipe when you can’t stop going on and on about how good it is.
I mean, it’s probably not in very good taste to compliment my own recipe, but it’s seriously THAT good. I can’t wait to make it again. It’s the perfect Friday night, eat on the couch while binge-watching Netflix kinda dish.
We just finished Stranger Things and I was beyond obsessed. The kids are so darn good, I just want to adopt them all.
If you have any recommendations for a Netflix series to watch, let me know! I’m always on the hunt for something new to watch. And if you haven’t watched Stranger Things, do it. And make this pizza. Okay, I’ll stop being bossy now.
- 1 lb of store-bought or homemade pizza dough (I used Trader Joe's Whole Wheat Pizza Dough)
- ½ lb ground Angus beef
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices of bacon, chopped fine
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup sliced onion
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp dill pickle juice
- ¼ cup mayo
- ½ cup shredded romaine lettuce
- ½ cup chopped grape tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped dill pickles
- shredded romaine lettuce for topping, about 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit with your pizza stone in the oven.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef and chopped bacon together. Add the Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out your pizza dough to fit your pizza stone, 12- 14 inches in diameter.
- Remove your pizza stone from preheated oven and carefully transfer the dough to the stone.
- To prepare the sauce, combine ketchup and tomato paste in a small bowl and stir to evenly combine.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the pizza dough and sprinkle on the beef and bacon mixture. Top with sliced onion, then the cheeses.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is golden brown.
- To make the aioli, whisk together mayo with chopped dill and pickle juice. Transfer to a ziplock or piping bag to drizzle over finished pizza.
- Remove pizza from oven and top with pickles, tomatoes and lettuce. Drizzle on desired amount aioli and serve on the side, if desired. Slice and serve.