Combine your taco Tuesday and pizza Friday with this delicious junk food fusion. These Bacon Cheeseburger Tacos are the perfect weekend meal!
In my mind, you shouldn’t have to choose between pizza, tacos, or burgers — the three main junk food groups. Two of my favorite recipes on the site are my Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza and Bacon Cheeseburger Meatball Subs so I thought I would add to the list with these Bacon Cheeseburger Tacos!
If you’re a regular, you may have noticed a bit of radio silence around here recently. To be honest, before having a baby I thought that it would be easy working while being a stay at home mom. Newsflash: I was naive. Did you know that newborns eat around the clock? Like, by the time I’m finished feeding her it’s time to eat again! Not to mention all of the cuddles that occur in between. It’s been an incredible 8 weeks since she’s been born and I’m loving every second, I just may have overestimated the amount of work I would be able to do out of the gate… and that’s okay. The point is, I’m trying to give myself a little bit of grace because, hey, I’m keeping a baby alive and happy day after day, and that has to count for something. Once we get into a routine I’ll be back with a consistent 3 posts a week, but until then, bear with me. I was able to make this recipe while she was taking a very short nap, which means it’s SUPER easy. If I can do it, you certainly can.
Stay tuned for a yummy Halloween dessert coming in couple of days! Yes, I said Halloween. Woo hoo!
- 1½ lb. ground beef
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6-8 flour tortillas, warmed
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Diced tomatoes, shredded iceberg lettuce, diced dill pickles, fresh dill, and Thousand Island dressing, to serve
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onion powder, ketchup, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to the pan. Brown the beef, breaking up as you go until no pink remains, 7-10 minutes. set aside.
- To build tacos, layer desired amount of ground beef mixture, bacon, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, dill, and Thousand Island dressing. Serve immediately.