Don’t forget about breakfast on Christmas Day! This Bacon Veggie Breakfast Casserole is perfect for making ahead for the whole family!
This post has been sponsored by Kraft Foods. All thoughts and opinions are my own
There are many ways to celebrate Christmas but one of my favorites has to be Christmas brunch! This Bacon Veggie Breakfast Casserole will be the star of the show and everyone’s favorite main course come Christmas morning.
The great thing about this casserole is that you can make it ahead of time and then just bake it off in the morning so it’s fresh, hot, and cheesy.
Instead of taking forever to shred my own potatoes, I took some help from Walmart by using Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes. This is seriously SUCH a time saver.
I also used Kraft Natural Cheese Sharp Cheddar, Shredded Cheddar Cheese (my go-to cheese), Oscar Mayer America’s Favorite Bacon, Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon Uncooked, and Breakstone’s All Natural Sour Cream to give the dish a nice creaminess plus Heinz Tomato Ketchup as a fun condiment for the side.
Thanks to Walmart Online Grocery Pickup, you can easily order everything you need for your Christmas brunch menu or if you’re last minute (like me), you can simply swing by a Walmart near you to pick up the essentials.
I would highly recommend checking out the Walmart Online Grocery Pickup service, especially with the hustle and bustle of the holiday season!
Another perk about this recipe is that it’s totally customizable! If you have picky eaters that won’t go for mushrooms and peppers, you can make a kid-friendly version that suits their needs.
You could even split the Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes and egg, cream, and Breakstone’s Natural Sour Cream mixture between two 8×8 pans to make two different casseroles with individual toppings. The sky’s the limit!
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups Ore Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 lb Oscar Mayer Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 lb sliced crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Breakstone's All Natural Sour Cream
- 1 cup Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Heinz Tomato Ketchup, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Saute the onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms in the butter over medium heat until softened.
- In a large bowl, mix the Ore Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, green onions, salt, pepper, garlic, and Breakstone's All Natural Sour Cream until everything is evenly distributed. Then spread the mixture evenly in a greased 9x13" casserole dish.
- Whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper together and pour over the shredded potato mixture. Sprinkle the Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then remove from oven and top the casserole with the Oscar Mayer
- Bacon crumbles, and returns to finish baking 10-20 minutes or until the center is just set.
- Allow the casserole to cool for about 5 minutes before serving. Serve with Heinz Tomato
- Ketchup on the side and enjoy immediately!
This dish freezes beautifully! You can freeze the unbaked casserole for up to 2 months. Cover very tightly with plastic wrap after you've poured on the egg mixture and sprinkled on the cheese. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes.