These Baked Apple Cinnamon Powdered Pumpkin Donuts will make your autumn mornings so much more festive! A hot cup of cider is not included.
It’s time for the first pumpkin recipe of the season! These Baked Apple Cinnamon Powdered Pumpkin Donuts are my favorite pumpkin recipe I’ve done so far and I think you may agree. My dog would probably pick the Pumpkin Chicken Jerky Pupsicles, but he would be wrong.
These donuts smell like actual fall heaven. Did you know that approximately 35% of candle sales occur during the Christmas/Holiday season? I, for one, am definitely part of this group.
If I could strategically place these throughout my house, not only would it smell good everywhere, I would be able to have a snack in each room, haha.
Maybe it’s the hygge effect that makes things feel all warm and cozy or the smell of spiced scents, but I’m totally more of a fall/winter candle girl than a summer candle girl. In fact, nine out of ten candle users say they use candles to make a room feel comfortable or cozy, so I’m not alone.
BTW, please don’t think I’m weird for my candle facts, okay. This post is not sponsored by the national candle association. I’m really just trying to tell you that the smell of these donuts will make you feel all warm and fuzzy, like an autumn candle, but tastier.
They’re cakey, moist, sweet, spicy, and even a little smidge tart from the apple coating. You HAVE to try them.
If you need to use up the rest of your canned pumpkin? Try my Pumpkin Marshmallow Toffee Cookies!
Baked Apple Cinnamon Powdered Pumpkin Donuts
- 1 cup + 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
For the Apple Cinnamon Topping
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1-oz bag freeze-dried apples
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a doughnut pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, melted butter, and milk. Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture, being careful not to overmix.
- Spoon or pipe mixture into the prepared doughnut pan, and bake for 12-13 minutes, or until the doughnuts spring back when lightly pressed. Allow doughnuts to cool a few minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool for a few more minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, melt the butter for the apple cinnamon sugar coating; set aside to cool.
- Pulse the freeze-dried apples in a food processor until it resembles the powdered sugar. Mix the apple dust with the powdered sugar and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl; set aside.
- Once the donuts are cool enough to handle, dip them in the melted butter, then roll them in the apple cinnamon-sugar mixture; repeat until all donuts have been covered. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 277mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 2g
Easy Pumpkin Creme Donuts - My Modern Cookery
Sunday 12th of September 2021
[…] going apple picking and getting fresh, hot cider donuts. I’m actually drooling right now. My Baked Apple Cinnamon Powdered Donuts hit that craving so I might have to make those […]
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies -
Friday 19th of October 2018
[…] Baked Apple Cinnamon Powdered Pumpkin Donuts […]
The most delicious fall donut recipes, from pumpkin spice to apple cinnamon to chai.
Tuesday 9th of October 2018
[…] the original classic fall donut flavor (before PSL took over the world), apples and cinnamon. These Apple-Cinnamon Powdered Donuts at My Modern Cookery aren’t too overpowering in the cinnamon department, thanks to that […]