Everyone loves a good chicken wing. These Baked Greek Chicken Wings with Tzatziki are a healthier alternative to the fried wings you’re used to!
Hello, everybody! As you can see, today I’m bringing you a recipe for these herby Baked Greek Chicken Wings with Tzatziki.
I’m typically a HOT HOT HOT wings kind of girl. I once at the hottest wings they offer at Buffalo Wild Wings and chugged quite a bit of beer trying to cool myself off in the process. That being said, I think that there’s a time and a place for wings with no spice. It’s not very often, but sometimes. They key to these Greek-inspired wings is a rub that consists of a boatload of dried herbs, lemon zest, garlic, and the secret ingredient… cinnamon. It’s barely there but it adds a little something that you can’t put your finger on. I just love those little nuances.
What’s your favorite wing recipe? Let me know because I’m always dying to try new ones, especially if they’re hot. Hehe.
- 2 lbs. of chicken wings and drumettes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1tbsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Pat chicken dry and add to a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on the rest of the ingredients. Gently toss to coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with a wire rack, parchment or foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken after 20 minutes.
- Turn the Broiler on to HIGH.
- Place chicken under the broiler for 5-8 minutes, until browned. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn
- Serve warm with cold tzatziki.
- 1 English cucumber, grated
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, grated with a Microplane or finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine grated cucumber, garlic, and mint with the Greek yogurt. Whisk to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper accordingly.