Who says Ice Cream is just for summer? These Brownie Bottom Peppermint Ice Cream Bars are about as festive as it gets for the holiday season!
Some people associate flavors like gingerbread or sugar cookies with Christmas, but for me, it’ll always be peppermint. These Brownie Bottom Peppermint Ice Cream Bars combine the best tastes of the holiday season into one mouthwatering seasonal treat!
One of my favorite things about having a food blog is introducing my readers to the wonderful brands that I love. One of those brands is Hudsonville Ice Cream. Hudsonville is a midwestern creamery that’s been churning out (pun intended) their amazing ice cream since 1926. One thing that I immediately noticed about the flavor and texture of Hudsonville is how much it reminds me of small-batch ice cream.
It’s so incredibly luscious and the flavor is outstanding. Right now, they have their Limited Edition flavor, Peppermint Stick available, which is what I used in today’s recipe! It’s not easy to get a peppermint flavor perfect, but Hudsonville does it! It’s not too strong but not too subtle and goes perfectly with the chocolate in these bars.
In addition to their Limited Edition offerings, they have more than 50 delicious flavors. There’s one surefire way to have the sweetest holiday season ever and that’s with Hudsonville Ice Cream and these Brownie Bottom Peppermint Ice Cream Bars!
TIP: Want to make homemade brownies instead of boxed? Try using my Triple Chocolate Peppermint Brownies as your base!
- 1 box Brownie Mix, 15-18 oz made according to package directions in an 8×8 pan ( I used double chocolate for extra chocolate flavor)
- 6 cups Hudsonville Limited Edition Peppermint Stick Ice Cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (measured while solid)
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- sprinkles and crushed peppermint sticks to garnish
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving an overhang to remove bars later.
- Bake brownies according to package directions. Let cool completely before moving on to the next step.
- Top brownies with the ice cream, spreading evenly.
- Cover and place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20-30 second increments, making sure to stir very well after each increment, until completely melted and smooth.
- Allow cooling for a few minutes before using.
- After bars have been in the freezer for at least three hours, take out and top with crushed chocolate sandwich cookies. Pour over a magic shell and top with crushed peppermint sticks and sprinkles, if desired.
- Serve immediately.