I have BIG news! Starting March 11th I will officially be full-time self-employed! I have worked so hard the last few years to get to this point and I could not be more excited. I can’t wait to spend WAY more time creating content for you guys and growing this little blog by leaps and bounds!
While I am so so thrilled, I am equally terrified. I already have my days planned out (even what I’m going to wear), but I need advice on staying focused and being productive. If you work from home leave me a comment somewhere telling me how you make it work for you. Please and thank you.
Now for a recipe. Today I’m sharing with you a recipe that is constant go-to in our house. If you’re craving something ultra-comforting, this baked pasta dish will be perfect for you. Make sure you top it with crushed tortilla chips and avocado, you just have to.
- 12 oz. short cut pasta such as penne, rigatoni, macaroni etc.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen roasted corn (regular frozen corn would work fine)
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can red kidney beans
- 1 4 oz. can mild diced green chilies
- 1 10 oz. can enchilada sauce (mild or medium, whichever you prefer)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups Mexican shredded cheese blend, divided
- Cook pasta to al dente in boiling salted water, being sure not to overcook. Drain and set aside.
- Brown ground chicken and onion in a large skillet over medium high heat until no longer pink. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.
- Turn heat down to medium and stir in corn,enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, green chilies, and spices. Turn heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, then stir in 1¾ cups cheese until melted. Add pasta and stir until evenly coated.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and add pasta. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with crushed tortilla strips and cubed avocado.