Cozy up by the fire with this comforting and hearty Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Soup. It’s perfect for these chilly fall nights!
There’s nothing better than gathering with your whole family for a big meal in the fall. But, who wants to be slaving over a ton of dishes the whole evening? A good one-pot wonder like this Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Soup ensures that your family gets a healthy meal on the table in no time!
One of my favorite things about developing recipes is taking pantry staples and turning them into something super special. For this recipe, I’m using Modern Table White Cheddar Mac & Cheese to add heartiness, nutrition, and flavor to the soup. All Modern Table pastas are lentil-based and contain complete proteins – meaning they have the 9 essential amino acids our bodies need for strong energy, good digestion, and muscle health.
One of the things I found most fascinating in my culinary school nutrition class was all of the complete proteins that are recommended for vegans. Modern Table pasta is for those looking for a healthy lifestyle, and a perfect way to get more nutrition from your meals. If you want a product that tastes like home, with all of the health benefits, Modern Table is the way to go.
Even though this soup is ultra-comforting and delicious, it’s also packed full of nutrition. Along with the Modern Table White Cheddar Mac & Cheese, cauliflower helps to bulk up the soup while adding a ton of vitamins. Jalapeño poppers are a family favorite, and I loved giving them a healthy makeover with zero compromises. With only three plant-based ingredients, the plain pasta is vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free. How great is that!? Check out Modern Table on Amazon, and use promo code “25pastamonth” to get 25% off your order!
It’s that time of year! Try my Cold-Busting Chicken and Orzo Soup to ward off those sniffles!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 4 jalapeño peppers, minced (leave out ribs and seeds if you don't like it too spicy)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 3½ cups chicken broth
- ¾ cups whole milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- pinch of cumin
- 4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 pkg Modern Table White Cheddar Mac & Cheese
- Garnishes (optional):
- bacon crumbles
- extra cheddar cheese
- sliced of jalapeño
- chopped chives
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add the bell pepper and onion, cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add the jalapeño peppers and the minced garlic, cook for 1 additional minute. Stir in the corn and cauliflower, cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn heat up to medium, whisk in the chicken broth and milk and cook until the mixture begins to simmer. Add the seasonings and continue simmering for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Add about half of the soup to a high-powered blender and puree until smooth. You may have to do this in batches. Add the pureed soup back to the pot with the rest of the chunky soup.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk vigorously until incorporated. Add the noodles and white cheddar packet from the Modern Table package.
- Simmer soup until the noodles are tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add a splash or two of water if the soup is looking too thick.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with desired toppings. Serve immediately.