You can never have too many cookie recipes in your arsenal. These Chewy White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies will be a favorite in your house in no time.
I would like to apologize in advance for that bikini body you’ve been working so hard on. If you decide to make these Chewy White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies you won’t be able to stop eating them until all 16 have been devoured. You’ve been warned.
If there’s one thing I LOVE to make for people more than anything, it’s chocolate chip cookies. Whether it’s the holidays, a birthday, or just a Tuesday, everyone appreciates a batch of chocolate chip cookies. For example, I regularly make them for my husband’s barbers. He goes to the barber every two weeks on Friday… like clockwork. Every now and then, I’ll send him with cookies to the delight of the guys at the shop. Just knowing how excited they get is the best reward.
Now, I’ve made these cookies every which way. With seasonally colored M&M’s, with fine bits of oat and raisins, and even leftover Halloween candy.
But, what I haven’t ever made is classic white chocolate with macadamia nuts. I know, horrible. But now I have, and you need to know how amazing they are. For starters, I’m not a huge white chocolate fan. I only dig it when it’s combined with peppermint in a Christmas bark or with macadamia nuts in a cookie. Other than that, I’m out. But, I must admit, when it’s good… it’s really good.
These cookies are nothing short of addicting. They’re sweet, but not overly so. Chewy, dense, and slightly crunchy from the buttery macadamia nuts. I might actually be drooling just thinking about it.
If you need a way to say, “I love you.” “I’m sorry.” or “What’s up?” these cookies are your answer.
We need to talk about convenience for a second. Let’s say you’re knee-deep in spring cleaning, you already have dinner cooking on the stove, and you suddenly realize that you only have one stick of butter left for your cookies and you need 1.5 sticks. Don’t panic. Thanks to Instacart, you can have groceries delivered to your house within two hours. In my case, it’s never taken more than an hour. That is GAME-CHANGING.
Sure, we live in an age of instant gratification, but I’m shocked every time the lovely employee shows up at my house with that Whole Foods bag. I even ordered avocados once and she picked out the perfect ones. That’s awesome. It’s rare that I get this excited about something, but if you have Instacart in your area you HAVE to take advantage.
Chewy White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 2 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup loosely packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg and 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until smooth. Whisk in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a rubber spatula.
- Fold in the white chocolate and macadamia nuts until evenly distributed. Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for at LEAST 3 hours. Your patience will be rewarded. I have popped them in the freezer for 30 minutes before, but you'll always get a better cookie the longer you let it chill.
- After it's chilled, removed the dough from the refrigerator and allow it to slightly soften for 10 minutes. While you wait, preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (highly recommended), scoop out balls of cookie dough. Place 8 balls of dough onto each cookie sheet. Do NOT press down, the height of the ball will prevent the cookies from spreading too much. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes. The cookies will look underbaked, but they're not. Allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest
Tuesday 16th of August 2022
What size is your medium scoop? Mine is 2 1/2 tablespoons. Is that correct?
Friday 6th of May 2022
Great cookie recipe! I used dark brown sugar (it's what I had on hand) and they came out perfect. Definitely a keeper for my recipe book.
Saturday 7th of May 2022
I'm so happy you enjoyed it!
Ultimate Chocolate Chunk Cookies -
Monday 17th of February 2020
[…] of them for my wedding favors. Am I crazy? Certainly. Was it worth it? Absolutely. I even have a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut version already on the blog. You see, I’m somewhat of a chocolate chip cookie connoisseur. […]
Thursday 15th of June 2017
My husband's all time favorite!!! Thanks for posting it right in time for father's day 😄
Friday 16th of June 2017
You're welcome! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Father's day!