These Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers are incredibly easy to prepare and make a delicious and quick meal any night of the week!
So, how’s everyone doing with their New Year’s Resolutions? Did you survive your first few days at the gym? Did you sufficiently create a budget for the whole year? Yeah, me neither. I like to take baby steps with my goals… so I don’t get burned out, ya know? Anyway, these Chicken Cordon Blue Burgers have nothing to do with that. I just thought I would check in on you and give you some positive reinforcement.
I feel like I get in a rut of making a lot of appetizers and desserts for the blog, especially during the holidays. I felt like I was overdue to bring you a quick and delicious weeknight dinner idea that the whole family will love. First of all, there’s chicken. Whether it’s a whole bird, a breast, thigh or ground meat, you just can’t go wrong with chicken. Secondly, its strategically stuffed with thinly sliced ham and Swiss cheese, which lends the “cordon bleu” part of this recipe’s title. Lastly, it’s a burger and when all else fails, hand-held meals will win the family over every time.
You seriously have to try this burger. If nothing else, maybe it will help you with your resolution to cook at home more! (You really should.)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ lbs ground chicken or turkey
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 4 Brioche buns
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- lettuce, tomato and onion to serve
- Preheat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl combine ground chicken or turkey, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper, to taste. Be careful not to over mix.
- Form 8 even thin patties, about ½-inch thick and set aside. On the center of four patties, lay down a slice of ham. Add a spoonful of Swiss cheese, then top with another slice of ham. Top each with another patty and seal the edges. Sear burgers over medium-high heat, flipping once until internal temperature reaches 165ºF, approximately 6 minutes each side.
- Stir together dijon mustard and mayo.
- Serve on Brioche buns with dijon mayo and any toppings you like.