If someone forced me to pick my favorite vegetable, I would hands down have to choose the sweet potato. Not only are they versatile, but they are also the most nutrient dense, and so gosh darn tasty! I mean, how can they be so good for you if they taste so good?! It’s sorcery, I tell you. This is one of my absolute FAVORITE ways to prepare sweet potatoes. The cheddar and the chipotle both compliment the sweetness of the potato so well, making for an absolutely delicious flavor combination. Not to mention the texture is absolutely incredible as well. They’re whipped, velvety, slightly spicy, sweet, and cheesy. I mean, does it get better than that? No, no it doesn’t.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes of even size
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1-2 tsp of liquid from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped green onion and cilantro to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes on sheet tray and bake for 45 minutes-1 hour or until soft. Remove from oven and let stand until cool*.
- Split potatoes and remove the flesh to a medium sized bowl, reserving skins. To the sweet potato flesh, add 1/4 cup of cheddar, butter, sour cream, chipotle, and salt and pepper. Mash until creamy.
- Add the filling back to the potato skins and top with remaining cheddar.
- Place on a sheet tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot, topped with chopped cilantro and green onions.
Top 10 My Modern Cookery Recipes of 2015
Wednesday 30th of December 2015
[…] 10. Chipotle Cheddar Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes […]