Is there anything that sounds more southern and delicious than Chocolate Bourbon Butter Pecan Milkshakes? If you’re staying in this Derby, these are the perfect way to celebrate!
What do you get when you blend your favorite bourbon, chocolate and butter pecan ice cream together? An epic boozy Chocolate Bourbon Butter Pecan Milkshakes that tastes like a certain famous pie, that’s what!
You don’t have to be a Kentuckian or a Derby fan to enjoy this icy dessert. Sure, it’s perfect if you’re planning on staying at home and watching the races from the comfort of your couch, but I could enjoy one of these bad boys any day of the year (sans the bourbon at the moment, of course). While it may be a bummer that only one of us got to have to bourbon version, without it, this is actually the perfect pregnancy treat. Now, if I only had a pickle to go with it… j/k. To be honest, I haven’t had many pregnancy “cravings”. I mean, I have cravings all the time, not just the last 7 months so I guess I’m a weird one. I do have to say that everything cold and sweet has been my favorite. Fruit, La Croix, ice cream, you name it. The weather here is finally starting to warm up and I know that fruity popsicles are going to be my jam all summer long. I’m ready to bust out the molds and make my own unique popsicle creations. These Boozy Limonata Peach Popsicles will have to be on the menu come August.
As for these milkshakes, you have to try them to believe them. The chocolate and butter pecan ice creams are absolutely perfect together. This Derby, step outside of the box and whip up this frosty dessert that’s ready for the winner’s circle.
Check out my Benedictine Tea Sandwiches to go along with your Derby spread!
- 8 ounces dark chocolate ice cream
- 8 ounces butter pecan ice cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup — ⅓ cup bourbon, to taste
- ½ cup chocolate syrup, for garnish
- 4 tablespoons pecan pieces, for garnish
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Combine the ice creams and milk in a blender and blend until just smooth. Add the bourbon and mix until well combined.
- Pour the chocolate syrup into a shallow dish and dip the rim of your glasses into the syrup. Pour the milkshake into the glass, garnish with toasted pecans and whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Kentucky Derby Pie Milkshake from Camille Styles