These aren’t your average chocolate chip cookie — these Chocolate Chip Cornflake Cookies make the perfect lunch box addition!
This post has been compensated by Kroger. All opinions are mine alone.
For me, weekends are for baking. Sure, I love cooking throughout the week, but the weekends are reserved for when I have time to make a mess in the kitchen and not have to worry about how long it takes to clean it up. I decided that I wanted to try out these Chocolate Chip Cornflake Cookies that I’ve been dreaming of for weeks, and thanks to the Kroger Co. new shipping option, all I had to do was order the ingredients from the Kroger website and my weekend was ready for a baking marathon.
These cookies are a departure from the fluffy and soft chocolate chip cookies that are usually my favorite. These are thin and chewy, with an unexpected crunch and sweetness from the frosted flakes. I know it sounds weird, but trust me, they’re the bomb.
It’s no secret that Kroger is my go-to grocery store. I’ve only spoken about them dozens of times on the blog, and even more in real life. If you thought I was jazzed when they started rolling out ClickList, you won’t believe how ecstatic I am about the new shipping option available at Kroger Co. Ordering your groceries online is as simple as visiting their website and adding the items to your cart. If you’ve ever loaded digital coupons to your Kroger card, then you’ll have no trouble ordering your necessities from their over 50,000 items. I ended up stocking up on all of my baking essentials like dark, white, and semi-sweet chocolate chips, brown sugar, powdered sugar, and flour. I had to throw in some snacks and seltzer water too, for good measure.
When shipping groceries with Kroger, shipping is free if you spend $35 or more and no membership is required. If you live in Louisville, Nashville, Houston or Cincinnati, then you can hop on and try the service right now, and it’ll be rolling out to more cities every week! Make sure you use the code SHIP15 to get free shipping AND 15% off of your order. Besides getting to take advantage of Kroger’s low prices, you can set up automatic delivery and save 5% on items in your Set & Save order. You need to try it ASAP!
- 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups frosted flake cereal
- 1 and 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat on medium-high speed until creamed, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Fold in the frosted flakes and chocolate chips. The dough will be thick and sticky. Cover and chill the dough for at least 45 minutes in the refrigerator. If chilling for longer than a few hours, allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before rolling and baking because the dough will be quite hard.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Scoop cookie dough, about 3 Tablespoons of dough per cookie, and place 4 inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake for 13-14 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look very soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.