Brunch. Is. My. Jam.
And so are these Chocolate, Coconut and Walnut Waffles. By brunch I mean… eating foods that would normally be enjoyed at a decent morning hour, but I eat as a 3 o’clock indulgence and call it “brunch”.
I love trying new places to have brunch on the weekends, but sometimes leaving the house is just not an option. For those days when brunch in bed sounds like the the best way to go (when is it not?), these Whole Grain Chocolate, Coconut and Walnut Waffles are going to be your go-to.
When I was perusing the aisles of my local Wal-Mart looking for what I needed for this recipe, I stumbled across this Silk Nutchello Dark Chocolate & Walnut. What is it exactly? A decadent dark chocolate walnut milk that is the ultimate afternoon indulgence. It’s smooth, satisfying AND the best part is it only has 90 calories per serving.
Silk Nutchello Dark Chocolate & Walnut is the PERFECT pairing for these waffles considering they’re both free of dairy, soy, and lactose. The two together = the perfect afternoon treat.
Pour a glass of Silk Nutchello Dark Chocolate & Walnut over ice (trust me, that’s the BEST way to drink it) and enjoy with this dairy-free waffle recipe that will keep you going all day long.
What is your favorite Sunday brunch item to fix at home? I’m always looking for new recipes. Especially waffles!
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup plain almond milk
- Preheat your waffle iron according to its directions.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, flax meal, cocoa powder, walnuts, coconut, and salt).
- Then pour your almond milk and coconut oil into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined (don't over mix).
- Spoon half of the batter into your waffle maker and cook until timer goes off (mine usually takes about 5 ish minutes). Repeat with the rest of the waffle batter.
- Serve waffles immediately with maple syrup and seasonal fruit.