You HAVE to try these flaky Cookies and Cream Pastry Swirls! They’re crispy, sweet and insanely easy. Perfect for holiday baking!
I can’t believe that winter is just a few short weeks away! Since I work from home and rarely have to leave the house, I’m so excited for the snow to start to fall. Snow days for me mean lots of coffee, binge-watching TV and of course, baking. Some of the best recipes can come from cabin fever. I recently dreamed up these Cookies and Cream Pastry Swirls on a chilly Sunday and I couldn’t be happier with how they turned out. Mostly because I used my go-to Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets that never let me down.
These sweet treats only have 4 ingredients and take less than 30 minutes to come together. You have NO excuse to not try them. If snow days aren’t in the cards in your neck of the woods, these would be perfect for any holiday gathering you have coming up. If you have friends or family staying over, they would be great to make in the morning to have with your latte, or you can even leave them for Santa (trust me, he would be very happy.)
Whether you’re making appetizers, main dishes or desserts, you can find a way to incorporate Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets into your holiday and winter meals. Seriously, I have been cooking with this product for YEARS and I couldn’t live without it. Here are a few other recipes using it!
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 10 chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 package of a 17.3-oz package of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- Pre-heat oven to 400º F. Whisk egg and water in a small bowl to create an egg wash.
- Open cookies and scrape the inside filling into one bowl and place the wafers in another bowl. Continue for all 10 cookies. Set bowl with fillings aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the cookies only until they’re crumbly. Add melted butter and pulse until combined and crumbs are moistened.
- On a clean and lightly floured surface, unfold the pastry sheet and lightly roll out about an additional inch on each side. Brush the pastry with the egg wash. Top with cookie crumbles and spread to evenly coat, leaving about an inch on the top and bottom clear. Gently press the crumbs into the pastry.
- Starting on the side closest to you, roll up the pastry all the way to the end.
- Slice into about 10 1-inch slices and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with additional egg wash.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- While those are baking, melt the cookie filling.
- Using a double boiler, allow the fillings to melt, stirring occasionally. Alternatively, you can pop the bowl in your microwave in 10-second increments, stirring between each round, until completely melted.
- Use the melted filling to drizzle over the top of the finished swirls. I would highly recommend serving warm, but they are just as delicious at room temp.