Come Christmas morning, your coffee will be begging you to dunk in these delectable Cookies and Cream Biscotti in it! These simple and quick AND delicious coffee sidekicks are the perfect snack to get you in the holiday spirit.
I’m not usually one for instilling fear in others, but I feel the need to tell you that there are only 9 days until Christmas. Please don’t panic, there’s still plenty of time to get everything done! If one of those things on your to-do list is finding a festive cookie to serve with tea or coffee, then it looks like you get to cross that off!
These Cookies and Cream Biscotti are a delectable crunchy snack that your house guests won’t stop gabbing about.
I have to say, for the first time ever I’m almost totally done Christmas shopping. By ‘almost’ I mean I have one more gift to buy and that one should be fairly easy. I’ve really enjoyed this holiday season and I’m so sad that it’s going to be coming to an end soon!
Although, I do love all of the inspiration and hope that comes with the new year. I have a good feeling that 2018 is going to be one helluva year.
This year we’ve been really into watching old Christmas movies. I’m not talking “The Santa Clause” old, I’m taking “White Christmas” and “Holiday Inn” old. My husband and I are a bit obsessed with Bing Crosby at the moment if you can’t tell. I have a really hard time trying to decide what my favorite Christmas movie is though.
I love so many for different reasons! Let me know what your favorite is and maybe I’ll have time to squeeze it in before Christmas gets here with hot chocolate and biscotti in-hand.
Still in need of some last-minute gift ideas? Check out my 2017 Foodie Gift Guide!!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 16 chocolate sandwich cookies, like Oreos or Trader Jo Jo's
- Start by scraping the filling of the cookies into a small bowl set aside. Coarsely chop the remaining cookies and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat the sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until well-combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in chopped cookies.
- Divide mixture in half.
- With floured hands, lightly knead the dough until the cookies are nicely incorporated. Shape each half into a 9x3-inch loaf on a large parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the centers come out clean.
- Remove from oven; cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut each loaf diagonally into 15 (1/2-inch thick) slices.
- Place slices cut side up, on the same baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes more on each side or until lightly toasted.
- While the biscotti are finishing in the oven, you can make the drizzle. Heat a double boiler over medium heat until water is simmering. Set the heat-proof bowl with the cookie filling on top and stir until it is completely melted. At this point, you could go ahead and drizzle it on top of the biscotti, or you could add food coloring to it and then drizzle. If you choose to do this, you may need to add a splash of milk to it, as the food coloring may thicken it.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest