Stuck in a breakfast rut? Your Sunday mornings will never be the same after you try these Cookies & Cream Yogurt Pancakes!
This post has been sponsored by Oikos. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Is there anything better on a chilly late-winter day than a stack of fluffy Cookies and Cream Yogurt Pancakes? Other than winning an epic prize, I’m thinking no.
These pancakes were inspired by the Oikos® NFL Flavor Draft that’s going on right this minute. In addition to the 13 amazing flavors that Oikos® currently offers, they’re encouraging customers to vote for their favorite of 3 new flavor options. You get to choose between Pineapple, Pomegranate, and Cookies & Cream AND at the same time, you’ll be entered for a chance to win some great prizes! Since Oikos® is the official yogurt sponsor of the 2018 NFL Draft, those that vote will have a chance to win a $50 NFL Gift Card and 1 lucky winner will win the Grand Prize: The opportunity for you and a guest to be sent to the 2018 NFL Draft! How exciting is that? Rubbing elbows with elite football players doesn’t sound like a bad day if you ask me. Voting is open right now, so make sure you go pick your favorite of the 3 new Oikos® flavor options!
Now, once voting is closed and a flavor winner of the Oikos® NFL Flavor Draft is chosen, it’ll be exclusively available at the Kroger family of stores. Lucky for me, Kroger is my go-to grocery store of choice, so I’ll be scooping them up as soon as they hit the dairy case. Maybe I’m biased, but I’ll be casting my vote for Cookies & Cream. Although, the Pineapple and Pomegranate sound amazing as well! Honestly, I’ll be happy no matter what. If you need to find the nearest Kroger store to you, check out their store locator to get shopping.
If these pancakes don’t inspire you to cast your vote, then I don’t know what will. If the Cookies & Cream flavor does win, then you could definitely substitute the Oikos® Triple Zero Plain or Vanilla with it. YUM. These pancakes are so fluffy, so moist, and so flavorful. Seriously, if you make these for someone they will be the highlight of their day. You’d be surprised what all you have on-hand to make pancakes, but what you don’t have you can easily find in a 5-minute trip to Kroger. If you’re anything like me, you know your store like the back of your hand and can run in and out in a flash. In fact, I think these might have to be on the menu again for this weekend… they’re just too good to pass up!
Don’t forget to enter the Oikos® NFL Flavor Draft! You can also text “Pineapple”, “Pomegranate”, or “Cookies” to 811811 to vote for your favorite flavor of Oikos® Triple Zero and be entered for a chance to win the prizes mentioned above!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (5.3 oz) container Oikos® Triple Zero or Oikos Triple Zero® Vanilla Yogurt
- 8 chocolate sandwich cookies, lightly crushed
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Chocolate syrup, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Add the yogurt and stir. Lightly fold in crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray it well with nonstick cooking spray. Working in batches, spoon a quarter cup of the batter onto the pan for each pancake and cook just until bubbles form around the edges of each pancake, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 90 seconds more. Transfer the pancakes to a warm plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes topped with maple syrup and/or chocolate syrup.