While the holidays are typically filled with laughter and cheer, sometimes we tend to forget the meaning of it all and end up stressing ourselves out. It’s in these times when you have a house full of family, the rolls are burning, the dogs are running rampant, and you just want to pull your hair out…..that you deserve a beverage. One of my absolute favorite drinks to make is a Moscow Mule. I am a big lover of ginger beer, and this cocktail is traditionally made with plain vodka, ginger beer, and a squeeze of lime. My recipe has the same ideas, but with an autumn twist. I am using cranberry vodka, orange spiced ginger beer and a bit of juice from a broiled orange to give it a holiday update!
- 1/4 cup cranberry vodka
- 1/2 cup chilled orange spice ginger beer
- 1 orange
- crushed ice
- Pre-heat broiler on high and slice orange in half.
- Place the orange halves on a baking sheet, cut side up, on middle rack in oven.
- Broil until the edges and middle of the orange halves are a dark golden brown, about 15 mins. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine a cup or so of crushed ice and the juice of the broiled orange. Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds (with the lid on of course.)
- Pour into a copper mug, ice and all, no need to strain. And top with the vodka and ginger beer.
- Stir to combine and enjoy! You can garnish with some frozen cranberries and slice of broiled orange!
Bourbon Coconut Milk Punch - My Modern Cookery
Friday 16th of December 2016
[…] If you partake in a few libations on Christmas Eve, this would be a perfect choice. Especially if you’re not a big fan of the thickness egg nog, but you like the flavor of nutmeg. Here’s another festive cocktail to get you in the holiday spirit, Cranberry and Broiled Orange Moscow Mule. […]