This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerTastes #CollectiveBias
Last week marked the first day of summer, and every store already has their summer stuff on clearance. The summer goes by fast enough, people — no need to rush it even more! Since IRL there is PLENTY of summer left, you still need fresh and new picnic and potluck recipes for all of your weekend cookouts. Today I’m sharing my Creamy Avocado and Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad AND incredibly easy Tea and Lemonade Pops. That’s right, not one, but TWO of my favorite summer recipes, using tried and true staples that I can’t live without.
I made my pasta salad with my go-to pasta of choice, Barilla Whole Grain Elbows. You can use any short cut Barilla pasta you like, but I’m sucker for tradition. You seriously CAN NOT go wrong with bringing pasta salad to a summer potluck. It’s the one thing that everyone will grab a spoonful of without fail, and with this recipe… they’ll keep coming back for more. Since most days I like to imagine I’m from Italy, Barilla is always my first and only choice for pasta. Whether it’s for a hearty winter bolognese or a fresh summer pasta salad, I know I can trust that Italy’s #1 brand of pasta will come through for me every time.
Since you are a domestic god/goddess, you can’t bring just one dish to the party. Nope. You go big or go home. To go with your pasta salad, you need these super easy popsicles made with Gold Peak Sweet Tea and lemonade. Half sweet tea and half lemonade is a southern drink that everyone is obsessed with all summer long, so it only makes sense to combine the two into an ultra-refreshing popsicle. I used the Gold Peak 64 fl oz container to make my pops, and then purchased the Gold Peak 6-pack Diet Tea to bring to my potluck. Let’s just say I should have bought more.
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 lb Barilla Whole Grain Elbows, boiled and drained according to package directions
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups of frozen corn, thawed (I used roasted frozen corn which I would highly recommend.)
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- ⅓ cup slightly packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Combine avocados, cilantro, garlic and lime juice in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
- Add drained pasta to a large bowl, with the corn, onions, cilantro, poblano, ¾ of the feta and chili powder; Toss to combine. Pour in reserved avocado dressing and toss until pasta is coated. Taste and add more chili powder and salt and pepper, if desired. Top with remaining Feta and crumbled bacon. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Gold Peak Sweet Tea
- Lemonade of choice (amounts of each vary depending on your popsicle mold)
- Pour lemonade into your popsicle mold halfway up the sides. Place and freezer and freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove the popsicle molds and insert sticks. The lemonade should be almost completely frozen, but soft enough to place your sticks in.
- Pour your Gold Peak Sweet Tea on top of the semi-frozen lemonade to the top of the mold. Place in freezer for 4 hours or until frozen solid.
- To remove from your molds, run the bottom under hot water until the popsicles remove easily.
- Enjoy immediately for a refreshing summertime treat!
Because we all love a good rebate, here is $1 off when you buy any two (2) 64 fl oz bottles of Gold Peak Tea on Coupons.com AND Buy 3 products and earn $1 on Ibotta. Valid on all Barilla Blue Box Products and Barilla Pesto Sauce.
For more delicious summer recipes (who couldn’t use more?) click here!