I’m pretty sure that the name of this dish is longer than the time it takes to prepare it. If you have never cooked with asian rice noodles, you are missing out on one of the quickest pasta dishes ever. Pair that with quick cooking shrimp and a boldly flavored sauce, and you have a Creamy Coconut Rice Noodles with Shrimp and Preserved Lemon that is on the table in 10 minutes and could rival the tastiest of take-outs.
If you can’t find preserved lemons, you can easily make your own with only lemons and salt! Check out The Kitchn for a tutorial on how to do so!
- 12 oz rice noodles
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 leek, washed and trim
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 3 slices preserved lemons, finely chopped
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt coconut oil in a medium skillet of over medium heat. Add leek and garlic, and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until pink, turning once, about 3 more minutes. Add preserved lemons, coconut milk, coconut water and stir to combine.
- While the sauce simmers, prepare your rice noodles according to the package directions. Be careful not to over-cook. Toss noodles with the shrimp and sauce and add in edamame. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve warm!