Crank that oven way up to make the most delicious, yet simple Crispy Roasted Cauliflower and Potatoes with Tahini Drizzle!
I noticed the other day that I have, like, 5 recipes for side dishes on the blog. On here, and in real life, sides can be somewhat of an afterthought. You work so hard on the main dish that you end up throwing together some rice and steamed broccoli and calling it a day.
Frankly, this is a disservice to your meal. Today, I’m sharing this Crispy Roasted Cauliflower and Potatoes with Tahini Drizzle with the hope it’ll change your dinner game!
Obviously, cauliflower is the vegetable of the moment. Whether it’s riced, pureed, or turned into a pizza crust or gnocchi, It’s become more of a diet trend than anything else. But, cauliflower is so much more than a “low-carb alternative”.
When roasted, it becomes nutty, tender, and goes so well with so many flavors! I love it alongside some creamy potatoes to make it more filling and a luscious tahini lemon drizzle for insane zest. Pair this with my Middle Eastern Roasted Chicken for Valentine’s Day and you’re sure to impress. I’d also recommend serving this as an epic vegetarian main! Pile it on top of quinoa or rice and add some fresh cucumber and tomatoes along with a pile of fresh herbs. Now, that’s a bowl I’d like to have for lunch any day.
We normally don’t celebrate V-day, but we’re actually heading to Nashville this afternoon for a concert and a little 24-hour kid-free getaway! Even though I’ll probably cry when I drop her off at my parents and look at pictures of her every hour we’re away, I’m excited for a fun date night!
Do you have any big Valentine’s Day plans this week? I’d love to know if you’re making any of my recipes for your loved one!
- 1 2 lb head of cauliflower
- 1/2 lb Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Tahini Sauce
- 3 tbsp tahini (Make sure you stir tahini well if it's settled)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley, mint, or dill, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF with a rack in the center position.
- Cut off the stalk of the cauliflower so it lays flat on your cutting board. Use your knife at an angle to cut out the core and then cut off the florets. Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the florets and potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add the extra virgin olive oil, salt, red pepper flakes, cumin, smoked paprika, and garlic powder to the bowl and toss gently until the veggies are evenly coated with the oil and seasoning.
- Turn out the veggies onto a sheet pan into an even, thin layer, so they are not touching one another.
- Roast for 25 minutes, gently flipping the cauliflower and potatoes halfway through the roasting process, or until they are deeply caramelized and just fork tender.
- Make the Tahini Sauce
- As the vegetables are roasting, prepare the tahini sauce. Combine the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Add a tablespoon of water at a time and whisk until it has loosened to a drizzleable consistency. Season to taste with pepper and more salt, as necessary.
- To serve, drizzle the cauliflower and potatoes with tahini sauce and top with fresh herbs.
Adapted from Food 52