Ring in the lush of spring and fun of St. Patrick’s Day the right way, with this refreshing, yet boozy Cucumber Mint Gin Fizz
I’ve never been one to partake in St. Patrick’s Day festivities, but I’ll use any excuse there is to have an emerald-hued boozy bevy. This Cucumber Mint Gin Fizz is everything I love in a cocktail and more. It’s refreshing, not too sweet, and perfectly carbonated — just the way I like it.
With the amount I love cucumber in drinks, you’d think I was born in a spa (yeah, right.). I wish that I planned ahead enough to have cucumber water in my fridge at all times. Other than being totally refreshing, the taste of cucumber, especially when paired with mint and lime, makes me think of spring on the horizon. I am SO ready for all the color and warmth and veggies that Spring brings. It truly can’t get here quick enough. If you’re someone like me and you enjoy a lighter cocktail rather than a heavy green beer for St. Patty’s, this drink is for you!
Having a St. Patrick’s Day party? Try my Irish Creme Macarons for a fun dessert!
- 4 slices English cucumber, ¼ inch thick
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- ¾ ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces gin
- 2 ounces cucumber lime sparkling water, such as Perrier, good & gather or spindrift
- Add cucumber slices, mint leaves, lime juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker muddle well
- Add ice and gin and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Use a vegetable peeler to make a long strip of cucumber to garnish.
- Strain into a chilled glass and garnish with cucumber and mint. Serve cold.