Who’s ready for the weekend? I for one, am ready for a few days full of scary movies, hot chocolate and pumpkin carving. Stereotypical? Maybe. But I don’t care. If something makes you happy I say go for it and don’t worry about what anyone else thinks. I plan on staying in one day this weekend and cooking a comforting meal that’ll definitely include these Curried Roasted Baby Carrots.
Sides are funny. We spend so much time worrying about perfecting our main course, that by the time we think about our side dishes we have to throw together another boring salad or rice dish we’ve had a million times. These carrots are spicy, flavorful, simple and fast. Four things that you absolutely want in a side. You need only five ingredients (which you probably already have.) and 30 minutes to create a dish that goes with a ton of mains.
Don’t be afraid to take a sniff around your spice rack and experiment with different spices! So much delicious flavor can come with little effort, just by using a spice you’ve never played with. What are your favorite side dishes to make during the week? I’m always looking for new recipes to test out!
- 1 12 oz bag of baby carrots
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- coconut flakes, lime and cilantro for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place carrots on baking sheet and toss with coconut oil, curry powder and salt & pepper.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until tender, turning once halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and top warm carrots with lime juice, chopped cilantro and coconut flakes.
Adapted from Minimalist Baker.