When you’re relaxing at home watching your favorite team play, you need a crunchy homemade snack for munching. These Everything Bagel Chips are just that!
We all know that there are certain items that are just as good store-bought as homemade, these Everything Bagel Chips are not one of those things. Sure, you could buy a bag and be perfectly happy with your snacking choice, but if you’re hosting or attending a gathering where you want to bring a show-stopping appetizer, whip up your favorite dip and these chips… and you’re good to go!
Funny story, when I first went to the grocery in anticipation of testing this recipe, I accidentally picked up regular sliced bagels. Don’t you worry, they were still thoroughly enjoyed with cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers, red onion and, and dill, but they weren’t exactly what I need to make this recipe. Don’t be like me, make sure you buy unsliced bagels! You can usually find them in the bakery section of the grocery store for sale individually.
If you live in a college basketball city, you know that It’s officially March Madness season! That means wings, burgers, and beers galore. Here in Louisville, it’s all about the Louisville Cardinals or the Kentucky Wildcats, an age-old rivalry for the books. I shalt not officially announce my allegiance here, but let’s just say most of my family bleeds blue.
Let me know what your favorite game-day snack is and what college basketball team do you root for below!
- 3 whole bagels (plain, pumpernickel, or everything), sliced into thin rounds
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Arrange the bagel rounds on a large baking sheet in one layer and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While they are baking, place a small saucepan over medium heat. Combine the butter, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce and heat until butter is melted.
- Leaving the oven on, transfer the bagel rounds to a large bowl.
- Add the butter mixture to the bagel rounds and toss evenly to coat.
- Pour the rounds back onto the baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning evening over each round.
- Bake until crisp, about 15-20 minutes. Keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn and stirring once halfway through.