Slay the tailgating game with this Football BBQ Pulled Pork Cheese Ball made with Curly’s RoadTrip Eats Pulled Pork Belly!
In my opinion, the best part of any football game is definitely the tailgate that’s associated with it. The food, the drinks, the games — I’m pretty horrible at corn hole, but I still use tailgating as an excuse to play. If you’re looking for something that’s easy to throw together and a total crowd-pleaser, look no further than this Football BBQ Pulled Pork Cheese Ball.
I grew up helping my mom make cheese balls for every occasion. Bunko night, holidays, random Thursdays. If there was supposed to be more than four people there, there would probably be a cheese ball waiting in the wings. This, however, ISN’T your average cheese ball. First of all, it’s filled with Curly’s RoadTrip Eats BBQ Pulled Pork Belly. Hubba hubba. It adds amazing flavor without having to add a ton of extra ingredients. I’m sure you’ve tried Curly’s BBQ before, but if you haven’t, you can find it right in the refrigerated meat case of your local grocery store. They have so many different options to choose from, and it’s perfect for football season. I mean, who doesn’t love a BBQ sandwich (or two) when you’re tailgating? Right now, they’re hosting a RoadTrip Giveaway that you can take part in! You can enter for a chance to win $10,000 at Sweeps.RoadTripEats.com. The sweepstakes go on from now until November 5th, and the Grand Prize is one $10,000 check that the prize winner can use travel to his/her destination of choice. How amazing is that!? Just visit sweeps.RoadTripEats.com to learn more.
If you want to be the talk of your next tailgate, save this recipe to your football Pinterest board and whip out the recipe next time you’re in a pinch. You won’t be sorry!
Want to be the star at your Superbowl party this weekend? Make this Football and BBQ Pulled Pork Cheese Ball and you'll score a touchdown with the guests.
- 1 package of Curly's RoadTrip Eats BBQ Pulled Pork Belly
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (reserve one plank of the brick of cheese to make the laces of the football)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 BBQ sauce
- In a large bowl, combine BBQ pulled pork belly, parsley, green onion, softened cream cheese, shredded cheese, hot sauce, and dried spices. Beat with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer until everything is well-combined and there are no large lumps.
- Pile the mixture onto the middle of a serving tray and form it into the shape of a football with your hands. Smooth it out as much as you can. Spread the top with an even thick layer of BBQ sauce. Top with a few strips of cheese to make the lace of the football. You could also use a piece of string cheese for this step.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for at least two hours or overnight. Serve with your favorite crackers, chips, or pretzels.