It’s hot summer and you need to cool down. How about a nostalgic dessert with an iced cookie to take you right back to your childhood? Try this Frosted Animal Cracker No-Churn Ice Cream.
Sometimes you just don’t know something has been missing in your life until you see it elsewhere. That is true of this No-Churn Frosted Animal Cracker Ice Cream. The base is simple vanilla ice cream, true.
But the frosted animal crackers are the PERFECT mix-in that you never would have thought about. A: They’re delicious and adorable, so why not? B: The frosting on the outside is virtually un-penetrable, so the crackers stay crunchy, even after freezing.
I know, you’re mind is blown. Kiddos and adults will both love this ice cream, so you need to make it STAT. I promise you won’t be disappointed. Plus I can count the ingredients on one hand and there’s no special equipment needed. No excuses!
Too cute, right?
- 2 cups COLD heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp good vanilla extract
- 1 14.oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup frosted animals cracker, plus more for garnish if desired
- 1-2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles ( I just used the sprinkles that were in the bottom of the animal cracker bag)
- Give animal crackers a rough chop. You'll mix them into your ice cream so keep that in mind.
- Whip the cream with a mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in vanilla extract and sweetened condensed milk until combined.
- Gently fold in animal crackers and sprinkles, if using, until evenly distributed. Pour into a metal loaf pan and garnish the top with more whole animal crackers.
- Freeze, covered, for at least 6 hours. Enjoy!