Get the best use out of your grill before summer ends with these Grilled Sirloin Steaks with Roasted Garlic Gorgonzola Cream Sauce!
Just like THAT, it’s back to school time! Before you know it, there’s going to be snow on the ground and grilling will be a thing of the past. Until that time comes, we’re going to soak up every last bit of grilling season while we have it. What are you going to grill next? Why these Grilled Sirloin Steaks with Roasted Garlic Gorgonzola Cream Sauce, of course!
You may know that from August 15th-16th, I embarked on the second edition of the #blogmeetsbeef tour. Last year, I went to the tour in Columbus, Ohio and this year it was held mostly at Michigan State University in Lansing, Michigan. I also traveled to Witchita, Kansas earlier this summer on a Pasture to Plate tour, but you can find out more about that trip in THIS blog post. All of that being said, I’m a big beef fan, okay? I grew up on an Angus farm, so I appreciate all of the time that goes into producing quality beef.
One of my favorite aspects of the trip was getting my hands (well, gloves) dirty inside the MSU meat lab. We got to see the whole side of beef and how it’s broken down into primal and subprimal cuts. Then, we got to do it ourselves. It was so rewarding to see how much care Certified Angus Beef puts into each cut. We also visited the wonderful folks at Meijer, which is basically my favorite store. Their attention to detail is incredible and the quality of their practices is outstanding, trust me.
I am an open book if you have any questions about beef cooking or the industry. I definitely don’t know everything, but I have learned a lot going on these educational trips. Check out all of the links, and if you have ANY questions please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I could literally go on and on and on, but I’ll leave you with that for now. Thank you SO much to the Ky Beef Council for taking me on these adventures, and to the Michigan Beef Commission for hosting. Be sure to visit Beefitswhatsfordinner.com for TONS of beef recipe tips and ideas!
This recipe is a simple one, but it’s also one that you need to have in your arsenal. The steak is expertly grilled with only salt and pepper, and the blue cheese cream sauce is the perfect pungent accompaniment to the juicy beef. If you’re having guests over for dinner, this needs to be what you serve.
I was not compensated for this post, but I did receive incentives such as room and complimentary meals. I was not required to write this post. All opinions are mine.
- 2 lbs Certified Angus Beef Sirloin Steaks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¾ cup whole milk or heavy cream
- ⅓ cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 4-5 roasted garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to high heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of each steak generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes per side, or to your desired doneness.
- While the steaks are cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour, using a whisk to make sure there are no lumps. When the mixture is combined and thickened, add milk or heavy cream, stirring continuously. Add in gorgonzola and stir until melted. Add roasted garlic cloves and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- When the steaks are done, transfer to a plate and tent with foil to rest for 2 to 3 minutes before serving. Serve with plenty of the roasted garlic cream sauce poured over the top.