This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeyondTheSandwich #CollectiveBias
These Ham and Cheddar Mini Frittatas will have you out the door and feeling full before you have your first cup of coffee!
Happy New Year! I hope each and every one of you had a fabulous holiday season and some well-deserved time off. I feel cleansed, well-rested and ready to get back to the grind! I’m starting off the new year by bringing you a quick and easy recipe that’ll change your whole morning routine — Ham and Cheddar Mini Frittatas using Castle Wood Reserve® Smoked Virginia Ham.
If you’re like me, you’re probably recommitting to preparing more wholesome homemade meals for you and your family this year. Go you! As a rule, I tend to be pretty picky about my ingredients, especially when it comes to meat. Whether I’m buying fresh meats or deli meats, I require them to have no binders, no MSG, be gluten-free. It’s VERY important to me to have the utmost quality and the premium meats from Castle Wood Reserve® are just what I look for.
Even though I work from home, I’m REALLY bad about either not eating breakfast in the morning or grabbing a store-bought granola bar to munch on while I work. I know I’m not alone in this, so I challenge you to join me in pledging to make more of your meals at home. In my case, I’ll be adding more REAL foods to my breakfast routine, but for you, it may be making your lunch or dinner more often.
Whether I’m making a quick meal for my family or hosting a fancy shindig, I trust that I’ll be completely satisfied with whichever of the Castle Wood Reserve® meats I choose.
Seriously, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve strolled into the kitchen and grabbed a slice out of the fridge for a quick protein-filled snack. You can find Castle Wood Reserve® in the deli section of Wal-Mart and I HIGHLY recommend checking it out!
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped Castle Wood Reserve® Smoked Virginia Ham
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a non-stick or silicone muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped red onion, tomato, and minced jalapeno.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture into each muffin cup. Following that, add 1 heaping tablespoon of chopped Castle Wood Reserve® Smoked Virginia Ham to each muffin cup.
- Next, whisk the eggs into a medium size bowl. Stir in the salt and pepper. Then pour over the meat mixture in the muffin tin, leaving ¼" from the top. Top with about 1 tablespoon shredded cheese.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the egg has puffed and comes clean with a toothpick.
- Remove the frittatas from the muffin pan and enjoy while hot.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You can find Castle Wood Reserve® in the deli section of Walmart!