Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight meal or an easy tailgating snack, these Hawaiian Pineapple Ham Salad Sliders are the best!
This post has been sponsored by Smithfield®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I’m genuinely baffled that the school year is already in full swing. What happened to summer?! Now that the days are at their busiest, dinner is something that can’t take more than 30 minutes and has to be a dish that’ll get the kids excited. Enter — Hawaiian Pineapple Ham Salad Sliders.
I love that this recipe is so quick to come together and really requires minimal cleanup. While your sliders are baking in the oven, you can quickly wash up the bowls and utensils used to mix together the filling, so once your meal is over, you have virtually nothing to do! Assuming you don’t have to buy salt, pepper or butter, these sliders require only 10 additional ingredients that you can easily find in any grocery store. The Smithfield® Anytime Favorites® Hickory Smoked Cubed Ham even comes in the perfect cubed shape that’s perfect in this dish. Pro tip: use the cubed ham as a guide for how big to dice your pineapple!
Anytime Favorites are all pre-cooked, which makes it a convenient option for families on-the-go. You can easily toss them into omelets, salads, pizzas, and more. I used the cubed ham for this recipe, but there are also multiple flavors and cut options, from diced and cubed ham to julienned turkey! It’s not always easy to get enough protein in everyone’s diet, but these are a great way to make sure that your meals are full of it. While we’d all love to have a fancy dinner on the table every night, the fact is that products like Anytime Favorites and quick and easy recipes are essential in day to day life. We’re currently house hunting, and between constant showings of our current home and going on house tours of our own, kitchen time is minimal. Hence, my inspiration for these insanely easy sliders that can take you from soccer practice to family game night!
You can find Smithfield Anytime Favorites near the meat section of your local grocery store! For more product information and recipe inspiration, visit www.smithfield.com.
Want to try more ham sliders? Try my Hot Ham and Pimento Cheese Sliders!
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 8oz package Smithfield® Anytime Favorites® Hickory Smoked Cubed Ham
- 1 cup fresh Pineapple, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 9 pre-sliced Hawaiian slider buns
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- ½ stick butter
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine cubed ham, pineapple, and onions. Stir to fully combine. Spoon mayonnaise-mustard mixture onto ham mixture and mix to fully coat. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer the bottom halves of the slider buns in the dish. Spread the pineapple ham salad over the buns and cover with provolone cheese slices, slightly overlapping.
- Top with the top halves of the slider buns.
- Melt the butter, and whisk in the garlic powder, poppy seeds, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Brush topping over tops of sliders. What you have leftover, pour lightly over the buns.
- Bake at 375ºF for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted, and the tops are browned. Serve warm.