Switch up your chicken routine with this easy and delicious Instant Pot Apricot Chicken. Dinnertime will never be the same!
If you’re anything like me, you’re probably constantly looking for different ways to use chicken in weeknight meals. This Instant Pot Apricot Chicken is a great way to use up ingredients that you probably have in your pantry, AND get some use out of your trusty Instant Pot!
I’m notorious for buying small appliances and then never using them. Waffle maker? Covered with dust. Electric Griddle? Taking up space in the cabinet. Ice cream machine? Might as well be on a store shelf. The fact that I still use and LOVE my Instant Pot a year after getting it is a miracle and a testament to how useful it really is!
Have you checked out my Low-Carb Instant Pot Taco Spaghetti Squash? Such a fun recipe that the whole family will love all because of the amazing instant pot!
I couldn’t tell you the last time I used my slow cooker, but I use my Instant Pot almost weekly. This recipe is perfect for infusing tons of flavor into the chicken and the whole family will absolutely love it.
If you’re new to the Instant Pot game, you should swing into Williams Sonoma and pick up one of their new Instant Pot Starters. I have the lemon-saffron risotto waiting for me to try and I can’t wait to bust it out the next time I’m at a loss for what to make for dinner. Maybe I’ll even pair it with this chicken!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 12 dried pitted apricots, chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
- Rice, For Serving
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the olive oil to the instant pot and set to saute.
- When the oil is hot, add the seasoned chicken thighs and sear for 2-3 minutes until golden brown on each side.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the pot to a plate. Pour the chicken broth into the pot and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Turn the instant pot to off.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the minced garlic, soy sauce, apricot preserves, ketchup, and water.
- Return the chicken thighs to the pot. Pour the sauce over the chicken thighs and stir in pitted apricots.
- Seal the pot and cook on manual for 8 minutes for boneless chicken thighs
- Remove chicken from the pot to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch and water.
- Turn the instant pot to saute and add the cornstarch slurry to the sauce with a whisk. When the sauce is thick, turn off the pot and serve the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 495Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 185mgSodium: 1599mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 41g