This Instant Pot Mediterranean Salmon with Tahini Lemon Sauce takes only three minutes and the whole family will love it!!
Welcome to my first Instant Pot recipe! This Instant Pot Mediterranean Salmon with Tahini Lemon Sauce is a healthy and delicious meal, and I’m so excited to share it with you!
As you may or may not know, I had my 29th birthday last week (I mean how could I let you forget?) and I was lucky enough to finally get an Instant Pot! I’ve wanted one for the longest time and I had yet to bite the bullet. Thanks to my mom, I can now bring you all the delicious pressure cooker recipes! So far, I’ve made brown rice, which turned out absolutely perfect. I LOATHE cooking rice on the stove. The water is always absorbed before the rice is done, it always sticks to the bottom, it takes forever. I hate it. But, it was perfect in the pressure cooker. I didn’t have to worry about checking on it or anything. The second recipe I made was a whole chicken. It was done in 30 minutes and it was seriously the juiciest chicken I have ever eaten. I’m so excited about it if you can’t tell.
The third recipe I tested was this salmon. It takes 3 minutes. THREE MINUTES! I literally can’t wrap my head around it. I wish I had a tiny little camera that could withstand high pressure that I could put on the inside while it cooks. If you haven’t invested in one yet, I would highly recommend. Obviously, I have yet to crack the surface on what’s possible with it, but I’m happy with what I’ve experienced so far!
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from ½ medium lemon)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- 1lb salmon filets, fresh or frozen
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 slices of lemon
- Place the first eight ingredients in a Mason jar. Seal the jar and shake vigorously until emulsified, about 30 seconds.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the steel bowl of your electric pressure cooker. Place the wire trivet on top of that.
- Layer the salmon on top of the rack and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the vinaigrette over the top and place a sprig of rosemary and a slice of lemon on each filet.
- Lock the lid and press the manual button. Change the time to 3 minutes and allow it to come to pressure.
- When the machine beeps, carefully quick release the pressure valve and allow the steam to release completely. Remove the lid and transfer the salmon to a plate to serve.
- Serve hot with lemon tahini sauce drizzled on top.
- ¼ cup sesame tahini
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Put all ingredients in a mini food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy.